When successfully deployed, field trainers play a vital role in improving onboarding and development of new hires as well as enhancing coaching and training for existing reps—all while fostering their own professional and leadership skills. Unfortunately, because most field trainer programs lack standardization and a formal curriculum, the field trainer role is often underutilized.
In this workshop, we’ll explore how to create a robust curriculum that empowers field trainers, develops their skills, and enables them to best support both their sales team and their learning and development team. We’ll look at the importance of investing in field trainers, the required components of a field trainer program, and strategies for empowering field trainers to optimize results in the field. While doing so, we’ll explore strategies for:
• Cultivating leadership without authority
• Building trusting relationships
• Developing strong interpersonal skills
• Becoming an effective extension of the learning and development team
• Bolstering the ability to transfer learning to others
• Improving time management
• Enhancing sales coaching skills
Throughout, we’ll emphasize the importance of designing and using an effective playbook to help field trainers align on roles and responsibilities. Drawing upon real world experience, we’ll discuss the components of an effective playbook as well as the lessons we have learned while using a playbook to enhance a field trainer program.