New technologies such as augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) have burst onto the scene. They are disrupting many areas of entertainment, industry, and education to name a few. AR overlays computer-generated information on the real world in real time, while VR immerses you in a fictional, isolated universe. These technologies are fascinating, but how can you use them to improve your training curriculum? How do they fit in with more established training techniques such as video?
In this workshop, we will:
• Interact with real examples of AR, VR, video, and more
• Learn about these training technologies in the biomedical space from a PhD in pharmacology
• Hear from directors of training about how they have started to utilize these technologies
• Collaborate with team members to develop your own creative training
• Explore the right ways to utilize new training technologies
If you are curious, collaborative, creative, or driven to learn, this is the workshop for you.