Expand Learning Impact On-the-Job: L&D’s Role in Delivering Sustainable Learning in the Field

Are you maximizing learning impact by focusing on the other 90%?

As learning professionals, we are all familiar with the 70-20-10 Learning Development Model. However, much of our learning resources and a disproportionate investment are focused on the 10% via formal training events. Do you have a plan in place to focus attention and investment on the other 90%? Could doing so increase knowledge transfer and learning impact, limit valuable time out of the field, and expand your L&D resources by placing training responsibility on the Learner and Leader while stretching your learning budget?

In this Peer to Peer Learning Lab, learn how a Line Leader partnered with HR/L&D to successfully build team capabilities to address critical business challenges by focusing on the incorporation of on-the-job learning sustainability tools. Hear how these unique resources immediately impacted field success by incorporating real world challenges around business planning, account effectiveness, managed care understanding, teamwork, collaboration, and leadership development.

If you are challenged to do more with less due to tight budgets or limited time allowed for live, formal training or to demonstrate to the business return on training investment, your success requires you leverage a variety of tactics that include on-the-job and leader-led learnings.

In this session we will explore:

1. Key success factors for cross-functional partnership needed to develop structured, on-the-job applications.

2. How to integrate best practices for complementing development in the classroom with on-the-job applications.

3. Learn how “leader led learning” can drive performance results and have leaders drive sustainability and application.

  • Date:Wednesday, June 5
  • Time:1:00 PM - 1:20 PM
  • Room:Learning Lab 3 - Longhorn D
  • Location:Learning Lab 3 - Longhorn D
  • Session Type:Learning Labs
  • Session Length: 20 Minute Micro-Learning
Speakers
Wendy Heckelman, PhD
WLH Learning Solutions
Back